Welcome to RealStat!
RealStat is a set of case studies based on genuine statistical consulting projects carried out at the Statistical Consulting Centre at The University of Melbourne.
You can learn about the planning and design of each study, the methods of data collection, and the data are available for analysis.
Case studies are accessible by clicking on the Case studies tab or by using the Menu on the top right.
Development of this site was funded by the Teaching and Learning (Multimedia Education and Technology) Committee through the Faculty of Science at The University of Melbourne, and by the Statistical Consulting Centre, School of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Melbourne.
You can access the case studies by clicking the links below, or by using the Menu at the top right.
- Anaesthetic use in removing wisdom teeth – Dr Mark Badcock
- Growing better pinot noir – Vincent Lakey
- Harvesting native lilies – John Delpratt
- Managing native grasslands – John Delpratt and Ian Shears
- Music therapy for the terminally ill – Anne Horne-Thompson
- Preventing falls – Monash University Accident Research Centre
- Sorting out the rubbish – Dr. Johns
- Study of graft arteries – Professor Brian Buxton